Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2005 1:13:30 PM EDT
Does anyone know of dealers in Alabama from Birmingham to Huntsville region or even up to Nashville, TN that would carry RRA, Stag or other stripped lowers on a regular basis.

I usd to have a FFL dealer that would order for me, but he has retired recently and I don' know of anyone else around who is willing to order for me.

Thanks,
Perry
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Starting in November or so, there's gonna be a dealer in Hamilton that can help you. He used to be a dealer, but got out of the business, and is getting back in. Can you wait that long?

Other than that, it's hard to find AR parts of any sort around here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Other than that, it's hard to find AR parts of any sort around here.

What about that indoor gun range near Murfeesboro?? Ontarget?? I saw some Barrett stuff (go figure). I thought they were a little expensive, but friendly.

Not sure about that.

Of course,  there's always Coal Creek.

Honestly, I never get to the Murfreesboro area. But finding a REASONABLY PRICED stripped lower in west/central/southern TN or north AL is pretty hard to do.

It must be nice to live near, say, Quantico or something.......
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure about that.

Of course,  there's always Coal Creek.

Honestly, I never get to the Murfreesboro area. But finding a REASONABLY PRICED stripped lower in west/central/southern TN or north AL is pretty hard to do.

It must be nice to live near, say, Quantico or something.......

I saw the CCA billboard when passing through there this summer.

I didn't mean to imply they had stripped lowers at the place in Murfeesboro. I've never seen a stripped lower at the few gunshops I went to around Nashville, but no one in my area stocks stripped lowers at all. I always buy them off the net and have them shipped to an FFL locally.

There are stripped lowers at our gunshows, they cost about the same as buying a Stag and paying for shipping and the transfer.

I can't speak for Knoxville/Nashville, but in the Memphis/Jackson area, we don't have stripped lowers at gunshows. Sometimes we don't even have beef jerky at our gun shows. It's really that bad.

perryh712,

go to the Gulf States hometown forum and post a thread asking around about lowers. You might find someone there who had an extra lower laying around.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Tn is not all that bad, check out the gunshows in Knox and Chatt by R&K, or the Alabama Gun Collectors show in Birmingham.  You must be in the Huntsville  Al area so Bham is not that far.  All you need is a lower, you mailorder the rest.  I recommend J&T.  Priced right, good service but occasionally get the parts wrong but make it right quickly and without hassle.

As for living near Quantico, does not always work.  I work in DC and Quantico Arms has not had an Eagle stripped lower in a couple of years as far as I know.  Dave and Kat are good people, and I have purchased three ARs from them, but they run out also.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#8]
The Alabama Gun Collectors show in Birmingham didn't have lowers that I saw back in July. I went day 2 though. I've never been to a show in Chattanooga, but looks like I may have a reason to now. Thanks to the above link I may have located a new FFL in town (yes Huntsvilee) that would be willing.

Thanks to all.

Perryh712
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Here at the Aug 26-28 Bob Pope Gun show in Smryna, TN (between nashville and Murfreesboro), I bought a double star stripped lower, they have like 4 or 5 of them.. There's a shop in Smryna heading towards Murfreesboro, that sells quite a few AR stuff, not sure of their hours.  MIDDLE TENNESSEE GUNS & AMMO is the name of the store..

I know On target had a demo 6.8spc AR on loan from Barret, haven't been there since.. I will once I get my BUIS..

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Just had a fun show in knoxville this weekend and there were stripped stag and RRA lowers by the assload.  I didnt look at prices since Im not in the market right now, but there was one vendor who was basically devoted to selling stripped lowers and various AR's.  Ive never seen such an evil sight.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just had a fun show in knoxville this weekend and there were stripped stag and RRA lowers by the assload.  I didnt look at prices since Im not in the market right now, but there was one vendor who was basically devoted to selling stripped lowers and various AR's.  Ive never seen such an evil sight.  

Why can't you east/middle TN guys export a good gunshow to west TN?

Once upon a time, there was a real gunshow that came to Memphis every summer.

Now, we have pitiful excuses for shows.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a guy in Smyrna TN which is SE of Nashvile he carries Bushy stuff, ton of AR stuff optics, etc.... Not sure what else.

Middle Tennessee Guns & Ammo
1344 S. Lowry St.
Smyrna, TN 37167
phone: 615-355-0810
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#13]
My personal experience is that when you walk into most gunstores in AL  and ask for AR parts you get looked at as if you were a "Terrorist Gun Show Nazi machine gun carrying puppy kicker".

try southeastern guns.  in trussville, AL.  It is a little east of B'ham.

http://southeasternguns.com/

They don't have stripped lowers, but they did have RRA lowers with LPKs installed and complete lowers.  They were pretty much the same price as you buying the parts and assemblying them yourself.  they also have them with RRA match triggers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My personal experience is that when you walk into most gunstores in AL  and ask for AR parts you get looked at as if you were a "Terrorist Gun Show Nazi machine gun carrying puppy kicker".

They don't have stripped lowers, but they did have RRA lowers with LPKs installed and complete lowers.  They were pretty much the same price as you buying the parts and assemblying them yourself.  they also have them with RRA match triggers.

I must be nuts.  They looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for a bayo for an AR.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must be nuts.  They looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for a bayo for an AR.

Edited to reflect Bayonet seekers.

"Terrorist Gun Show Nazi machine gun carrying puppy sticker".
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like I need to head to more shows in Nashville, or out to Smryna.

Any idea when the next show in Nashville is?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sounds like I need to head to more shows in Nashville, or out to Smryna.

Any idea when the next show in Nashville is?

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.htm
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top