Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2005 6:27:06 PM EDT
Well after much browsing on these boards... i had to step down and finally pick up a few pieces to build one...

Parts are

Oly Lower, RRA Mid Upper, 4 pos stock and Ergo Grip

here's pic
http://images.geekazoids.net/ar15_copy3.jpg

let me know what you think, its one of the first pics i took i actually tried on.. lets hear some feedback!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice,the guys on here are putting me in debt, just got my lower yesterday. I think they should be ashamed of themselves.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great! Nice and simple setup you got there.

The pic is nice too.

Congrats on the build.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nice,the guys on here are putting me in debt, just got my lower yesterday. I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

Good thing you've realized that early on.  It's too late for me, I've already been polluted.   BUILD, BUY, BUILD MORE, OPTICS, AMMO, MAGS, MORE, MORE....God help you, get out while you can

PS the rifle looks great.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Looke very nice how much into the basic build(no optics etc.)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
 Quoted:

Don't ever shop here when your drunk....Spent about 2k before i knew it
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good.

So, what's your next one gonna be?

There's always a next one

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice! I am hoping to build a midlength soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks good.

So, what's your next one gonna be?

There's always a next one

WIZZO

Norb,
I told you so.  You're going to get sucked right in
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
sucked in is an uderstatement. All i do is look for the next potential build....Girlfriend is getting pissed.haha
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah,i dont have my first one done and i am already making plans for #2.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#11]
basic build cost  was right around the 730 mark for lower, internals, stock, grip, 2 mags, flat upper, bolt, charging handle, barrel, and rear sight, then add for the optics :)

oh and to the people who were asking about the next build... varminter 20 or 24" stainless barrel, bipod, massive scope
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
sucked in is an uderstatement. All i do is look for the next potential build....Girlfriend is getting pissed.haha

Ha...just wait until you get a wife...and the a kid.  It's not impossible but it ain't any easier.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#13]
welcome to the boards. For a 1st build it turned out very well. Job well done congrats
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha...just wait until you get a wife...and the a kid.  It's not impossible but it ain't any easier.

A BIG +1 on that.

Anyway, Welcome and Nice Rifle, How about a range report?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#15]
well as some of you asked, i finally was able to take some crappy pics of my shoot n c targets with the phone, let me know what you think needs to be done, keep in mind its not completely sighted in yet!

First group of 5... iron sights, rested 25 yds

http://images.geekazoids.net/target.jpg

second was standing, red dot, 25 yds, this one was actually 10 shots

http://images.geekazoids.net/target2.jpg

and third was standing iron sights, 25 yds as well

http://images.geekazoids.net/target3.jpg

let me know what needs to be done since i'm sure others are better at telling apart things

also for size reference, these are the 3" targets

Safe Shootin Everyone!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top