Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 5:19:31 AM EDT
I am looking for a light weight 16" threaded barrel. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]
bushmaster

model 1

colt

jt distributing
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Crome lined, SS, or neither?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I would prefer a chrome-lined. I might settle for a moly-steel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster Superlight 16"

Excellent barrel that is about .600" all the way through.

Cheap too!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That gets you a Bushie.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, M&A Parts offers a lightweight, but not in chrome-lined.

BTW, I was looking on J&T's site and couldn't find a LW 16" barrel, only HBAR, except for the fluted barrel.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That gets you a Bushie.

Stickman, isn't there a Colt upper with a lightweight barrel, too?  It came up in another recent "lightweight" thread.  IIRC it's only available as a complete upper, though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Stick didn't you have a ss bbl fluted?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Stickman, isn't there a Colt upper with a lightweight barrel, too?  It came up in another recent "lightweight" thread.  IIRC it's only available as a complete upper, though.

Yes there is, M4 feedramps, 1:7, and lightweight profile.  

Its a crazy amount of cash, and for some reason, Colt is only making it with the A2 upper receiver as far as I know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Stick didn't you have a ss bbl fluted?

Yes, and a SS M4 barrel, SS Heavy barrel, SS Bull barrel, and last but certainly not least, a SS lightweight barrel.  Some of the above shoudl be plural, but you get the idea.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's what I was thinking of:

Quoted:
I'd get the Colt 6520 upper, IMHO, the best light weight barrel out there.  Here's a source - Link.  If you want a different receiver, like a flat top, simply switch it out.  You can usually recover $150 of your cost by selling the receiver.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have both a DPMS 16” light weight from Del-Ton and one from J&T, both are excellent quality.

Top rifle is DPMS, lower is J&T.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a crazy amount of cash, and for some reason, Colt is only making it with the A2 upper receiver as far as I know.

My brother bought one complete for like $600. Thats not much different from Bushmaster, and I believe Colt to be a superior product.

If they made it with a 14.5 inch barrel and A1 upper, like they still do on occasion for the military,  would buy one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am looking for a light weight 16" threaded barrel. Any suggestions?

I have one unthreaded in Colt.
http://my.voyager.net/~ebgb68/colt.jpg
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a used Bushmaster 16" Superlight barrel assembly (minus guards) for $160 shipped from another board member.  Threaded and lugged... they are out there.  Good luck
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top