Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2005 1:36:57 PM EDT
Ok I've read that they wont fit a standard 16'' bbl unless you have mid length stocks and stuff installed, but what about a 14.5 with an extended fh like a phantom or a longer a2 style? Wouldnt that allow for the standard bayo to fit?

And I know about the longer bayo for like $110 but Im not interested in that one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You can definitely mount a bayonet on a 14.5" barrel with a premanently-attached Phantom or Vortex flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd really like to buy RRA upper and would really like to give RBPrecision my business but they dont carry one and I dont think RRA makes one...who do I turn to for that kind of price? ($430-450)  Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd really like to buy RRA upper and would really like to give RBPrecision my business but they dont carry one and I dont think RRA makes one...who do I turn to for that kind of price? ($430-450)  Gunbroker?

It has been posted on this forum that the 16" mid length uppers that folks have purchased from M&A were made by RRA and marked as such.  I can't verify that is always their supplier or guarantee that if you order one from them that is what you will get, but I know they (Veronica at least) read this forum so perhaps they will respond.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is one on my RRA M-4 Entry, fits but not really correctly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#5]
definitely doesn't fit correctly, wouldn't even call that fitting.  Not too many people here would say that fits...

Midlength 16" barrels have almost the same amount of barrel between the FSB/bay lug and FS so the bayonets do fit.  

You cannot just put midlength front handguards on an upper.  You have to have a barrel with a midlength gas system and gas block.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Teknic-  I'm not going to argue with you about it, but that is not the way to do it.  He's only getting 3 inches out of that bayonet which is probably a moot point because he's like me and doesn't need  it.  That bayonet will rattle around (is rattling on a rifle a good thing now?) and will tear up the finish on the barrel.  I'm not being a princess about looks, but it's not going to be a good idea to scratch of any protective finish.  He's going to wear out the bayo lug too, either that or the bayo itself.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I said it fits but not correctly! I would not want to have to use it like that, it is sloppy and 1/2 the blade is not exposed... With that said however it would still be deadly.
I showed this picture as a demo only.  The bayonet is for my M-16 A-1 clone, and it fits correctly.
Joe
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
the ring on the bayonet is supposed to fit around the Flash Hider- but you guys know that.

By seating it there (around the FH), it eliminates the loose fit, scratching of the finish, and the short stabbing of your enemy.

The best solution is either getting a mid-length set up, or going 14.5 with phantom (or Vortex) permanently attached.

- but you guys knew that too.

On a related note: Has anyone noticed how short we are becoming with each other since the gas price/Katrina BS?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Mid length with bayo:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
On my M-16 A-1 clone

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's a pic of my 14.5 w/ perm. phantom. It fits correctly.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
nice pics, but do any of you have a mid length or m4 pic with a nice side profile? Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top