Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:19:14 PM EDT
Well got the correct upper the other day and had nothing to do today so I looked in the safe saw the parts and siad what the hell lets give it a go.

After the dentent pivot pin flew 3 times(had a bag handy) and a tight fit with the pistol grip it is done.

The M4 twins's. Probably gonna be triplets by the end of the year

What I used. 3m masking tape from the body shop,set of punches from Model 1 sales and a detent pivot pin tool and my trusty hammer(only one on hand). Put a little TW-25B and birchwood casey oil in the lower and threads for stock. And borrowed my neighbors 3/16 allen head so I could attach the pistol grip screw.

Only thing Ive noticed is there is a little play in the RRA stock versus the stock on the bushmaster and the front pivot pin is kinda tight when I try to push it out .

Other than that If I knew it was this easy to put lowers together I would have built them along time ago instead of buying them complete and built them to my options.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Now your ready for #2
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice how much do you have into your project if you dont mind answering?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Very nice how much do you have into your project if you dont mind answering?

$85.00 stag lower
$475.00 stag m4 upper
$59.00 RRA parts kit
$69.00 6 pos stock

Add $15.00 S/H and $32.00tranfer fee.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#5]
very nice looking build, keep the great work up on the next
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice job.  looks great.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#7]
nice Rifles man
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]

very nice looking build, keep the great work up on the next

What you mean Im building another one

I want to put together another few lower's. Maybe a upper or 2.

But this is my project list as of now.

Get 3 lowers RRA or STAG(I like these for the finish and price) from eaglefirearms.net

#1 Get a .458 socom upper from RRA when available(that'll be my big bore)

#2 SPR MK serires type rifle

#3 A SP1 type rifle

I still have to figure out what Im gonna do with my Bushmaster A3 20". Its been about a year since I got it and I havent even dressed it up yet.

Thinking TA31RCO A4 and harris L series bipod but I havent commited to anything yet.

And hopefully that'll cure my building bug over the next year or so.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL that front pin detent is a bitch,  for all the chasing I have done I think I could have got the tool by now.   Anyway I just get in the corner on my knees and do it,   Sometimes they bounce off the wall but most of the time it hits and falls.  It took me 4 hours to put a LPK in one time because the detent flew all the way accross the garage.  took me 3 hours to find it..  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
You got the BRD really bad.

I'm the same way, I have now two and a lower half and I only got started last March.

My first one is a A2 20" govt profile rifle which I built the lower half.

My second is a 16" M4gery and not even a build, I just pinned an upper half and a lower half together.

My lower half, M4 upper assy and rail handguard are just waiting for a middy barrel, I just have to make up my mind if I want a government, mid-weight or heavy barrel profile.

Nice looking guns you have there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I didnt even mind putting the lower receiver together with the LPK.  

It was easier then described.

But that detent pin when it flew the first time(shouldve seen the look on my face,instant cold sweat)had me going oh S#@*. the bag over the receiver helped the other 2 times other than that it was a piece of cake.

Only other rifle Ive completely broken down are AK's and M1A's but AR's are so friggin simple(lowers).

Im nervous about doing a upper though(headspacing and torqueing)at this momoment.

You got the BRD really bad.

Yes yes I do

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
nice
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats and it looks great
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#14]
kbi

Only thing Ive noticed is there is a little play in the RRA stock versus the stock on the bushmaster and the front pivot pin is kinda tight when I try to push it out .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to take the looseness out of the stock , this will work .

This is for M4 or other stocks with the nylon type plastic ( not the alum. stocks) that are loose on the buffer tube .  
Take the stock off the tube and put it in a vise with a rag around it to keep from marring it up . Squeese it  in the vise but don't go crazy , while it is in the vise take a hair dryer and blow through the stock heating it up , do both ends , this only takes about  1min all together , then ck it for fit on the tube , repeat if nessesary to get desired fit .
You then have a stock that fits nice and tight no rattling !    IceMan_1

By the way , looks good kbi!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
<snip>
Im nervous about doing a upper though(headspacing and torqueing)at this momoment.

<snip>

Piece of cake. Get it tight, and turn it to the next tightest hole for the gas tube to go through.

Once you do it once, you'll kick yourself in the ass for worrying about it in the first place.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top