Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:33:00 PM EDT
Just wondering how this finish holds up. I have heard that it was very convenient and just as durable as regular DuraCoat only you have to bake it for curing. Just wanting opinions from people that may have actually used it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would hope it would be more durable, otherwise what would the point be?

I really think that Norrells should start a more aggresive sales pitch, and get more colors....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never used any of it But the Dura Bake comes in an aeresol spray can but you do have to bake it to cure. I know the standard DuraCoat does  not have to be baked but baking helps with cure time. Just trying to see if there are any downfalls with the DuraBake as it seems much easier to use.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
A straight spray can would certainly make it easier for people that only want to try it out, or do a few things.

While I don't use their product, I'm glad to see they are moving forward in new directions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear ya there. I know there are a bunch of really good products out there and I just plan on playing around with it for now. I got a can of the spray and a can of their stripper en route. I am going to try it out on a stripped upper and lower I have. It seems like it will be pretty easy. Spray the items with the solvent , let dry, spray it with Dura Bake and then put it in the oven for  15 minutes at 300degrees. Then spray again and bake for a more durable finish. I guess I will see. Stickman, what do you use and how easy is it to apply?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Norrells, and it is about as easy to apply as you can get.  I figure its $50-60 for all the supplies to refinish a few rifles or carbines.

I wrote up a refinishing thread with pics, supplies, and everything else.  

Take a look at it here

Let me know if I can help answer any questions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top