Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:34:27 PM EDT
When I order my rifle kit, any special tools I should order as well? Does standard A2 stock need spanner wrench or it is just for M4/CAR stocks? Does M4 or CAR stocks extend longer than A2 or they are shorter or equal when fully extended? Thanks.

Hank
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Any needed tools will have to be purchased separately.

A standard stock only needs a regular screwdriver to install.

A collapsible will need a spanner wrench.

I have a CMT CAR style collapsible, with 6 pos., and it's as long as the A1 stock. Or about 5/8" shorter than an A2.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The ONLY AR specific tools I've ever owned are; a DPMS armourers wrench (has 2 typs of barrel wrenchs, stock spanner, flat head screw driver, the wrench for the flash hider, ect, all in one handy tool) approx. $30 and a set of vice blocks for the barrel. Approx $30.

You could use a hammer, tourque wrench, punch set, snap ring pliers. Those tools are what you need for majer jobs like changing barrels and such, you shouldn't worry about all that for just messing around with your first AR.

The only tool you'll need in the field is a pointed bullet, you can use that to adjust the sights, release the trigger guard, dissassemble the bolt/ bolt carrier, that's how the weapon was desighned.

For cleaning, I'd recomend a Bore Snake, some CLP and a tooth brush. Maybe a can of non-clorinated brake cleaner for blasting gunk out of the nooks and crannys.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
bunchs eletric tape rubber hammer umm vise grips. Thats it. Bronwells.com has a ar15 kit that comes with like 38 tools for 1000 dollars its all bull shit. Half those tools you will never use and all of them are over priced i saw the same torque wrench for 9 dollars and they selling it for 123.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top