Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 3:24:30 PM EDT
hi all i'm new to the forum and to building an ar.  I carried an m16a2 for 6 years in the army, so i'm familiar w/ the design.  Got the idea to build an ar, and i'd like to stay as low as i can on the price w.o sacrifcing alot.  So far i've ordered a mega gator lower, del-ton lpk, and a jsesurplus 4 pos. m4 stock.   Does that sound good and where do i go from here...dave
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Start looking around for an assembled upper.

You need to figure out what type you want to build, and go from there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to build the equivalent of an m4 carbine.  What kind of difference in velocity does a 14 vs 16 in barrel make.  and should i look for a complete, stripped, or complete w/ bolt carrier, bolt and charging handle...dave
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Look in the Equipment Exchange...always deals going on new and used
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Look in the EE for STAG.

You should be able to find a complete upper for a little less than $500 with a BUIS.

Stag is very good quality and would serve you well.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The CMT/Stag upper would certainly be a good upper receiver choice.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top