Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:02:06 AM EDT
I thought that I saw a post on here somewhere that showed what casting marks
were used by what manufacturer, but I can't find it now. I was wondering which
front sight base I have, it has a "crown" cast on the side. I am not sure if I need
straight or tapered pins to keep it in place. I was thinking that some use straight,
and some use tapered pins, maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The forging mark really doesn't tell you anything about who made the barrel.  I see crown marked FSBs on alot of Bushmasters, but they show up elsewhere, so it means very little.  Barrel stampings are a better indicator of who's barrel it is.  You very likely need taper pins with this FSB.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much Mr. Mongo, I knew my barrel was a Bushmaster but I wasn't
sure about the rest of the upper. It was put together with a gas block/removable
front sight when I got it and I wanted to put the original type back on. Thanks again.
Maybe I should send you a "candy-gram" LOL
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top