Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:18:42 AM EDT
My one and only local source has dried up. Any suggestions? I need some loctite blue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
you can't find it at an autoparts or home store in your area?

http://www.loctite.com
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Im me your address and I'll ship you a small bottle as a sample N/C if Grant has not already taken care of you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Even Wal-Mart sells it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Even Wal-Mart sells it.

Really. I have never seen it there.

I did check at Home Depot, and at Lowe's. No luck. I also tried the local Ace Hardware.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Even Wal-Mart sells it.

I did check at Home Depot, and at Lowe's. No luck. I also tried the local Ace Hardware.

Try Auto Zone or Advanced Auto.

Advance Auto Parts  Loctite 37643 Threadlocker: Blue Stick; 9gm
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Even Wal-Mart sells it.

That is odd because I have purchased it at Home Depot before.  It is usually in the paint section where they have the caulk products.  Lowe's has it too but it is impossible to find.  It is buried in their paint section.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought some on Friday at Home Depot. Raptor 22 is right, it was in the paint section...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Paint section at HomoDepot, auto (oil additive area, IIRC) section at Wally World.

Do you know what you're looking for?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea, I've had it before, and have the empty package. The local home depot's have no idea what I'm talking about. They have loctite products, mostly super glues.

I ended up working this weekend, but I'll try autozone and or some other places in the AM.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I've bought it at both Home Depot and Lowe's.  HD only has the blue, Lowe's has both.  I think you can probably order it online from one or the other.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My one and only local source has dried up. Any suggestions? I need some loctite blue.

Tried Wal-Mart?  They carry it down here in Texas...  As does every Auto-Zone, O'Reilly, Advance, Pep-Boys, etc...  and those are just the stores I can think of near my house...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
What do you need Loc Tite for???  A properly assembled AR does not need the stuff anywhere.  It only makes future maintenance more difficult.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What do you need Loc Tite for???  A properly assembled AR does not need the stuff anywhere.  It only makes future maintenance more difficult.

Optics, scope rings, BUIS, etc.

And yes, it does need it in those places.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And just how does it make future maintenance more difficult?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Loctite should be available at any auto parts store on the planet.....I find it kinda odd you can't find any........of course I've been selling auto parts for thirteen years, so it's an everyday sight for me. Definately try your local Auto Zone or CSK, or whatever bigger chain store you have locally, it should be a given that they have it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top