Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:23:18 PM EDT
Does anyone know where to find instructions on how to build an oven for refinishing projects?  Has anyone built one?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Friend used an old toaster oven to do powder coating not too long ago.  He later expanded to a pizza oven he scored from a going out of business sale held by a restaurant supplier.  Not sure if the average toaster oven would be large enough, or generate enough heat for your needs. You  might be able to score an old oven from a remodeling contractor in your area.

Just a few ideas....
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I used my oven in the kitchen.  My wife was PISSED, but the results were worth it and my kitchen smelled like my garage for a while.  I have a plan in my head to use an old water heater with one end cut off and hinged, and parts from a old gas BBQ for the burner.  It might work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I built one from a steel kitchen cabinet that was long enough to fit a barreled action, covered the outside of it with that silver faced duct insulation, and heat it with a single burner hot plate.

Max temp of 325 degrees, fine for most bake on finishes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Befriend the owner of the local pizza parlour.

Veronica at M&A Parts
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#5]
HERE & HERE

Or, go to Norrel's website and shoot them an e-mail, they will send you instructions on building a "homemade" oven also.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
i used a toaster oven for doing a few knives, old ragged surefire lights, and few glock slides.  When i do my AR, I will need something, though.

BTW the local Domino's would NOT do it.  Worried about duracoat on next pie or something
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top