Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:49:17 AM EDT
I have a RRA M4gery upper now & it is heavy under the handguard. Would I notice a big difference by switching to a light under handguard barrel?

Thanks,
HS
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You should feel the difference. My friend have a HB under the handguard carbine and it feels heavier than my government profile, light under handguard M4gery.

But when I installed my KAC RAS rails, tac light, VFG and Aimpoint, my gun felt heavier (at 8+ lbs. empty).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It will feel much lighter.

Mine is great and I'm glad I got the M4 profile instead of the CAR HABR barrel.

WIZZO

BTW, you don't need to get another barrel, you could send the barrel to ADCO and have it turned down under the hand guards.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that would be good, but I was wanting a chrome lined bore this time around. Although this upper is crazy accurate. Realy surprised me.  I bought it from Steve at Adco maybe 2 years ago.

Thx,
HS
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
So what would the weight savings be in numbers.  I'm thinking about the very same issue here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on how big the barrel is under the handguard, re-profiling will save between 8 to 12 ounces of weight.

www.ar15barrels.com/services.shtml

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
THe oz differnces amy not sound like much of  difference, but handle one, and you'll sear it's a whole different animal.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top