Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 7:19:07 PM EDT
I am thinking of starting to Parkerize some smaller parts and see how I like it. Trying to stay away from going full bore on refinishing since I am looking to move in 6-8 months and don't want to lug it all with me. Due to that reason I am going to use KG GunKote but they suggest if possible a parkerized base for the BEST resistance and adhesion.

I'll park pistols and such since it would require just a small tank but how does one dispose of the chemicals. I live in South Florida where EVERYTHING is a watershed, if I dig deeper than 1.5-2 ft I will get water coming into the hole. I also have a well for water in additon to all of our other neighbors. Is there a way to safely neutralize it for disposal ? I would need to dispose of it in my Mothers drain since she has city sewer, I would not want to run the risk of killing my septic bacteria or pouring it into the ground and having it enter our water supply.

I have not seen a MSDS sheet for the suff but guess that may state disposal precautions, would baking soda work ?

Thanks,
Rich
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I do a lot of parkerizing. I pour the solution back into plastic bottles and re-use it. When it becomes too diluted to be of further use I take it to the local landfill's hazardous waste site for household chemicals. No problems so far.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top