Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:56:36 PM EDT
     My late Brother-in Law left me an unfired Colt SP1 AR 15.  At a gunshow I found a pristine Colt CAR SP1 16" shorty upper that now lives on top of the Colt lower.  

Not really able to sell it for sentimental reasons, I found myself with an extra Colt SP-1 upper .     It seemed a waste to have it sitting around so I built up a Rock River Arms lower and put the original 20" SP1 upper on it with an off-set small/large hole conversion pin. I'm not really hapy with the conversion pins as it just doesn't open easy and seems to fit  oddly.

I would like to get a 16" flat top M4gery type upper with a vertical grip of some sort for the RRA and maybe down the road find a lower that would be a better fit for the Colt 20 inch upper.

Two questions; Based on the fact that I'm not going to use these professionally, just target shooting and home defense.

Who makes a  reasonably priced 16" flat top with provision for a vertical handgrip ?>

Who makes an old-school A1 AR-15 lower that works with the original SP1 type pins?.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who makes an old-school A1 AR-15 lower that works with the original SP1 type pins?.

You'll have to get another large-hole Colt lower, as you have no other options.

See how they multiply? You bought an extra upper, now it needs a lower. Just like rabbits, I say.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top