Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 2:35:53 PM EDT
Besides the obvious (barrel, BCA and mag.), what other parts differ from a standard AR15?

And where are some good places to buy .308 parts?

Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Oops. Just saw tha 'AR Variants' forum. I'll go browse there, but any answers are still appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
pretty much everything.  eagle arms (armalite company) makes individual uppers and lowers along with everything else you'll need to buy one.  quanitcoarms.com sells their products.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
all is different. Maybe the pistal grip is the same but lower uper mags barrel all different.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oops. Just saw tha 'AR Variants' forum. I'll go browse there, but any answers are still appreciated.

You need to wander your happy A$$ into the correct forum......................................oh, you found it.

I don't know about the rest (DPMS, Bushmaster, etc.), but an Armalite AR-10 can use the same buttstock, the same pistol grip (with an additional hole drilled in it for the rear takedown detent spring), and the same FCG parts.  A4 handguards are the same also.  But as stated, the upper receiver, lower receiver and barrel are totally different.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top