Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:44:16 PM EDT
Hello Crew

I have one AR-15 that is a Model 1 Sales 20in A2 Upper on a Eagle Arms A2 Lower. My other is an Model 1 Sales 16 in CAR kit on a Stag Arms Lower.

I have put about 500 rounds through each. I checked out the bolt and carrier on both and the carrier looks and feels tight. It appears that the two allen screws have been peened in.

I have been told that the bolt and carrier is a probelm issue with the Model 1 Kits.

Another issue is the pins that hold the trigger group in are walking on my CAR. And the telescoping stock is a cheesey 3 position.

OK so here is the plan.

Monitor the B&C of bothe guns every 500 rounds untill past the 2K mark. If the carrier(The part that has the two screws holding it on to the bolt) comes lose the plan is to blue loctite new screws and peen them in.

I want to get a quality lower parts kit and replace the trigger group and the mag catch (the paint or coating is coming off of it).

I also want to get a better telescoping stock for the CAR.

Put a good camo paint job on the CAR and an optic (semi serious optic, range and for class / USPSA stuff). I am looking at a Hakko TAC1 Tacpoint.

So any input or suggestions?

Does the PM plan on the B&C sound good?

What else should I look for  on the B&C for possible malfunctions?

What is a good lower parts kit? Will it help the pins walking issue?

Are the Stag Arms stocks and parts kits good?

How about paint? Can I paint a Tacpoint?

How can I mount the Tacpoint on an A2 gun?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Any input or advice?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the Equipment Exchange for anti-walk trigger pins. I think they're around $38. RRA and DPMS are both good quality lower parts kits. If the trigger holes in your receiver have become a little larger, a new lower parts kit won't stop the pins from turning.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#3]
You can try this KNS kit http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=125&t=276089 I plan on getting it and a LMT 2 stage trigger for mine
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of the tolerences were off on my Stag Arms Lower.

After I cleaned the selector detent hole out with a drill bit the little detent pin was still to big. I had to turn down the lil pin with my dremel tool.

The holes may have been too large from the start.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top