Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:36:59 PM EDT
Hi,
I am new to the forum, but I have looked around a lot, and decided for my first AR-15, to make one.  From what I have seen, many people say good things about Del-ton and their parts kit.  I was wondering does anyone know how they manufacture their uppers?  Are they cast or forged?  What quality metal are they made from?  Or if they come from a 3rd party, if so whom?  In addition, I am looking to start with their RKT100 with a chrome barrel, bolt and carrier, I have herd conflicting reports about whether or not the extra cost is worth it for the chrome, is there someone with experience that can advise me?  

Thanks for all the help,

Ryan
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Del-ton is a quality company.  They were always polite and responsive to my questions.  I was going to use them on my first build but decided on a midlength Rock River.  

They have a ton of options and use quality components.  Forged aluminum uppers, 4140 steel Wilson barrels (unless you chose the DPMS option), DPMS lower parts kits.  IIRC they get their uppers from CMT (one of the best).  I do recommend the chrome lined barrel.  Some say it isn't worth it.  Some say "go chrome or go home".  I chose chrome for ease of cleaning and the fact that I live in a damp climate.  I would forego the chrome plated bolt and carrier and go with the standard one instead.  But that would be more of a personal preference.  Hope this helps.

Have fun and welcome.  You'll find it will only be the first of many builds...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help, you have really cleared allot up for me!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome!

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top