Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:06:01 PM EDT
I'm thinking about having Accuracy Speaks put a trigger in my next build.  If I do, there's no point in paying for the standard trigger in a lower parts kit.  Does anyone sell kits without the trigger?  Or do I just have to identify all the individual parts and buy them separately?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
i would just buy the lpk and save the trigger/hammer for backup.

start a spare parts bin if the trigger was to go tits up you still have the factory trigger to throw back in there
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
FTF Industries.  They have a so-so reputation, but it fits the bill, except this one doesn't have a selector.

Link
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL eklikwhoa - I figured I'd get that response.  That's the route I'll probably go, but I'd still like to know if anyone sells parts kits without the trigger.

I've only built one AR and only own 2 1/2 (two lowers and three uppers) but I already have quite a parts bin - a bunch of sight components, an extra bolt and carrier, extra action springs and an extra set of A1 furniture.

Mongo - Thanks.  I get a lot of good info from you.  The link says the parts are Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mongo - Thanks.  I get a lot of good info from you.  The link says the parts are Bushmaster.

That is very likely a lie, as they have in the past tried to sell complete uppers as "Bushmaster" that clearly were not Bushmaster.  No barrel stampings or anything else that would indicate that they were.  That's the so-so reputation I mentioned.

I've used these kits in the past without issue.  They are, essentially, non essential parts.  I wouldn't buy anything I consider essential from them - barrel, bolt or FCG.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
ADCO has them on their WhiteOak Armamant page.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ADCO has them on their WhiteOak Armamant page.

Thanks.  At $49, it would only save me $15 compared to the first Stag/CMT parts kit I found on EE.  I'll have to take the time to price the parts individually at some reputable vendors.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top