Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats a very nice looking set up. Congrats on a job well done
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What low profile gas block did you use on that?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What low profile gas block did you use on that?

with the yhm you could use basically anyone of them since its a round tube
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
here was my attempt at a dissy

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The gas block is the one that comes in the kit it is the YHM Spectre clamp on gas block.

eklikwhoa
I saw the pictures of you're rifle along time ago and those are what started me wanting that kind
of setup.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
They both look damn good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks just like the one I am planing right now.

Well Done!

16" Barrel ?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#9]
14.5" bushy with perm-attached phantom 28

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:29:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Two great looking guns. But, then I am a bit prejudice! Big fan of the Specter look very sleek.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
14.5" bushy with perm-attached phantom 28

OK, can you do this kit with a BM superlight 16"?  How does it attach?  It uses the 16" carbine gas system, I take it?  

I like the look of the 14.5 with permanent FS but the weight of the superlight barrel is nice too...

Thanks!

Alex
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#13]
"Quote Alex_F

OK, can you do this kit with a BM superlight 16"? How does it attach? It uses the 16" carbine gas system, I take it?

I like the look of the 14.5 with permanent FS but the weight of the superlight barrel is nice too...

Thanks!

Alex"

eklikwhoa's barrel looks to be a super light and if it is 16" then you can use any low profile
gasblock on the market as long as it is for a barrel with a .625 diameter.
I will post a link to the BUILD IT YOUR SELF thread that has pictires on installing the YHM ff tube.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

look about half way down this page for the information and don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Great looking Dissy!

I love the Swamp Rat knife too!  Looks like you have the Battle Rat!

I'm waiting on the Battle Rat Tactical with the micarta handles, as soon as those come out my wallet will be a bit lighter...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking of getting my 20inch colt cut to a dissy, what do you guys think about it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Great looking Dissy!

I love the Swamp Rat knife too!  Looks like you have the Battle Rat!

I'm waiting on the Battle Rat Tactical with the micarta handles, as soon as those come out my wallet will be a bit lighter...

Yep it is a Battle Rat I love this knife for me it is the end all be all knife especially with the heat
treatment they use. If I was you I would just go all out and get the Rat Daddy that is one serious piece of SR-101 steel.

Quoted:
I was thinking of getting my 20inch colt cut to a dissy, what do you guys think about it?

I would do it just because I love the dissy, but cutting the colt barrel may not be in you're best
interest since they seem to be more desireable. you could sell the barrel on the EE and use the
money for a bushy dissy barrel if you don't mind a wait time of who knows how long.
If you are going to do a FF Tube I would go for a Midlength gas system from ADCO it would still
give the look of a dissy with the added benefit of the lower pressure spike in the system.
If cutting the barrel is the best option for you I would still use ADCO they will shorten, thread &
open up the gasport for proper function all in one shot and you will have it faster than waiting for
a bushmaster barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice rifle...those end caps just look cool.

I've did a similar build using the YHM customizable rifle tube on a 16" barrel.  It looked pretty good, but I think the railed handguards on yours look better.  

I eventually put the long tube on a 20" build, then got a specter lengh customizable tube for the 16"...still hides the gas block, but looks better overall with the round tube, I think.  Plus, my muzzles are nekkid, so it needed a little more barrel forward of the tube to balance it out.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Nice rifle...those end caps just look cool.

I've did a similar build using the YHM customizable rifle tube on a 16" barrel.  It looked pretty good, but I think the railed handguards on yours look better.  

I eventually put the long tube on a 20" build, then got a specter lengh customizable tube for the 16"...still hides the gas block, but looks better overall with the round tube, I think.  Plus, my muzzles are nekkid, so it needed a little more barrel forward of the tube to balance it out.  

You can't state all of that and not provide pictures
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
"Quote Alex_F

OK, can you do this kit with a BM superlight 16"? How does it attach? It uses the 16" carbine gas system, I take it?

Thanks!

Alex"

eklikwhoa's barrel looks to be a super light and if it is 16" then you can use any low profile
gasblock on the market as long as it is for a barrel with a .625 diameter.
I will post a link to the BUILD IT YOUR SELF thread that has pictires on installing the YHM ff tube.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

look about half way down this page for the information and don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.

I think I'll go the 14.5 with perm FS route.  It just looks better.

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top