Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2005 6:37:15 PM EDT
First time upper build. I can't seem to insert the gas tube into the upper. Everything is aligned since I can easily insert it from the upper end. but with the front sight base and the tube length/shape it won't go into the upper...
help.
jb
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
is the hole through the delta ring is not obscured

sometimes the snap rings spin and they dont all align.

either that or you just need to work with it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
This is how I put them in. I turn the offset in the tube to one side of the sight base then insert the end of the tube through the ring, barrel nut and spring into the hole in the upper. Usually they are not in perfect alignment and it will be easier with the offset turned to one side of the sight base than it will the other side of the base. I try each side to see which is best. On occasion it takes a light flexing of the tube to get the end into the upper. Flexing NOT BENDING of the tube. After it goes in I roll the tube down 90 degrees and atttempt to slide the other end into the base. This is when you really see how well it was aligned. If it does not go staight back into the hole in the sight base it is out of alignment and it is time to adjust the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything is aligned in the delta ring since I can push a portion of it through from the upper end no problem.
jb
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
When I turn the tubes offset sideways that is what allow the tube to align with the assembly and go through it into the upper. I ty it with the offset turned to one side of the sight base then I try it with the offset turned to the other side of the sight base to see which gives better alignment to slide it through the assembly and into the upper.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top