Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:27:55 PM EDT
Had to do some changing around today. That's where the AR platform shines. One thing one day, something different the next.

I did not own a M4orgery with an A2 upper and I like the looks of it.

A2 upper from VTHOKIESHOOTER, RRA heavy 16" M-4 chrome lined 1X9" twist barrel that I had on another rifle.

I removed the M-16 pencil 20" 1 in 12" barrel from a Colt A1 large pin upper (since I'm going all small pin) and stuck it on the flat top upper for shits and giggles.

I got off early and was bored.

Well, what's your thoughts?

Danny
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I have one just like the one on the bottom, so I like that one

For some reason, I don't like the triangle HGs with the flattop, though.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

WIZZO

Me either brother! I just did that to raise some eyebrows and get some feeback.

I should have put a removable carry handle on it before taking the pic. Think it would have helped?

Danny
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done a few 11.5" w/ 5.5" FS on a flattop, and they have looked decent, but the A1 just looks wrong IMHO......  Then again, I'm not the fashion police either.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Me either brother! I just did that to raise some eyebrows and get some feeback.

I should have put a removable carry handle on it before taking the pic. Think it would have helped?

Danny

Yes.  Triangle handguards are my personal favorite.  But they just dont look "natural" without a carry handle.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've done a few 11.5" w/ 5.5" FS on a flattop, and they have looked decent, but the A1 just looks wrong IMHO......  Then again, I'm not the fashion police either.

Don't worry, not permament.

Barrel is waiting on a Colt M16A1 upper to come available for a retro build.

I don't want to get my WESCOG builders license revoked.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
My first impression of the top one was a ar180 Or what not... I like it. Reminds me of the calico pistols/ rifles.... But then I like Daewoo Dr 200s too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Hang On a minute. Working on something.

Any better?

Danny
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, Sarco sells a parts kit with the A1 barrel and A2 upper, the M4 stock is an option, so there are probably a LOT of rigs simuler to that out there some where. I like to build things that look "one of a kind", so I applaud your individualallity.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, that does it.

It's official, triangle handguards belong with A1, A2, or A3 w/carry handle only.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top