Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 9:28:27 PM EDT
i just noticed cdnn has complete upper and complete lowers for sale for semi cheap
i.e. 269 and 249 i was wondering if i can buy those and just "snap" them together for a ar15 or if i would have to buy other things
thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a link?

Can't find it on their site.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
no they sent it to me in there ffl holders catalog
it reads
lower- dpms complete lower can accept any .223 upper sling swivel a2 black zytel miltec stock with trap door ffl required (thats all it states shows pic of lower with trigger group an stock installed)
upper- used sp1 223 upper g.i. misc. mfg very good to excellent cond. teardrop forward assist triangular handguards sp1 sights sling swivel bayonet lug flash hider. 20" chrome lined barrel

im kinda ar15 stupid most of my exp has been with ak47 and other millitary rifles never even shot an ar15 but figure i should get one for my collection.
just wondering if i should go this way (im cheap) or just go out and buy a new one
thanks for any help
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't get much better than USGI, so the upper will be good to go.

DPMS is some good stuff too so that will also be good to go.

I would find out if the upper comes with a Bolt/carrier/ and charging handle.

If it doesn't, you'll need to get one and they can be found on the EE. You can get the bolt/carrier for $120ish and the charging handle for about $20.

After that, you would just have to push the two pins and pin the upper on and you'd have yourself an AR.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
sweet thanks for your help
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, I got to looking through their downloadable catalog on their website and on page 100, I found what you are talking about.

You will need the bolt/carrier assembly and the Charging handle.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top