Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 1:00:59 PM EDT
I've been checking this sight out for a while and have just ordered a Stag stripped lower. I want to build an M4 style rifle 16" with colapsable stock. I was checking out the M&A, Model 1 and Del-Ton and have been looking at the CAR and M4 Kits. From what I gather looking the pics and reading the parts descriptions the only difference between the CAR and M4 is the barrel notch for the grenade launcher. Is this correct? What other diffences are ther between the two models?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, the CAR barrel is heavy under the handguards and the M4 profiled barrel is light under there. I would suggest J&T distributing or Del-Ton for a parts kit. I wasn't really pleased with my M&A parts kit (M4gery with an A2 upper).

Whatever you do, try to get a chrome lined barrel. It will last longer and it will be easier to clean.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Del-Ton, and chrome lined barrels. I have heard nothing but pos reviews of same. I got my upper from Del-Ton. Some have had no problem with Model 1, but others we're not so lucky. Seems like a mixed bag. A kit is a cheap and simple way to go--I could have saved money if I had known of Del-Ton at the time, but I bought my parts from several places and ended up paying more.

CAR and M4 hand guards are also differently shaped.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top