Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2005 12:42:59 PM EDT
I have all my parts together finally for my first lower build. I realize you dont have to have punches but I would like to have the right tools around anyway. What sizes and types of punches do I need to put a RRA stripped lower, RRA lpk, A2 stock , and NM trigger together. Are there any other tools I would need other than basic hand tools. I have an AR combo wrench already.
Thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the roll pin, and flat taper punches from sears - and they are a good set at about $19.95 each.

Lifetime warranty and they include all the necessary sizes.

Might consider a brass punch set or even small (4 and 8 oz.) brass hammers to aid.

Sears punches
Sears long punches
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You only need 4 punches for a COMPLETE AR-15 build:

1/16" pin punch
3/32" pin punch

3/32" roll pin punch
1/8" roll pin punch
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it with ball point pens.. you dont need no stinking punches
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I was planning on a trip to sears since it is only 5 mins from the house. I just needed the right sizes.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top