Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:55:44 PM EDT
I AM PLANNING MY FIRST BUILD (PLANNING FOR ABOUT 3 MOS.) AND BELIEVE I HAVE JUST ABOUT GOT IT FIGURED OUT.  THIS RIFLE IS JUST A "SEE IF I CAN DO IT PROJECT" AND HOW CHEAP I COULD GET BY WITH.  I AM HUNG UP ON BARELL LENGTH,  CANT DECIDE BETWEEN A "STANDARD" 20 IN. OR TO GO WITH A 24 IN.  THIS RIFLE WOULD BE FOR TARGET SHOOTING AND POSSIBLY 'DOG BLASTING.  

I ORDERED A STAG ARMS LOWER TODAY FROM TITLE 2 (HENRY) AND NEED TO ORDER THE PARTS KIT.  I AM THINKING ABOUT M&A PARTS (THEY OFFER THE WILSON MATCH BARREL IN THEIR KIT) W/ 1 IN 9 IN. TWIST HVY BARREL,  A2 CONFIG.  MY GUTS TELL ME THE AR15 WAS DESIGNED FOR THE 20'' BARREL,  GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SAYS LONGER BARREL BETTER ACCURACY.  ANY OPINIONS AND/OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
20"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
THANKS.  DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON M&A PARTS AS FAR THE PARTS KIT BEING GOOD?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You will probably get a lot of people trashing them, and I'd bet that most of those people don't own one of their kits.  Probably a lot of them have never even seen one in person.  I've got one (pre-ban style 20" E2 with A2 style upper and stock), and I can't complain at all.  Everything went together smoothly, quality seems good, and it shoots without problem and accurately.  FWIW, I plan to buy another of their kits for my 2nd build (leaning towards a 16" mid length with A2 upper and CAR style stock).  Should be pretty soon, I have my 80% receiver, jig, bit/tap kit and am just waiting on my Norell's and I need to buy a few more tools and I will be ready to finish my lower.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just Remember the force young Jedi.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
You're in KY, why not go with the local boys at J&T/Doublestar? I've used several of their lowers & uppers and have zero complaints.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
WAS NOT AWARE OF THEM WILL CHECK THEM OUT.  I DRIVE A TRUCK AND AM GONE 10-14 HOURS A DAY WHICH LIMITS MY TIME SEARCH EVERYTHING SINCE I WORK 6DAYS A WEEK.  THANK FOR THE HEADS UP.  THIS IS A SMALL BUDGET BUILD AND I WILL CHECK THEIR PRODUCT AND PRICES.  THANKS AGAIN.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#9]
J&T are good people.  Also check out Bravo Company USA.  Paul is good to go as well.

Max
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top