Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2005 11:22:45 PM EDT
Like the title says I'd like to see some grip pictures....the Magpul MIAD and the SPR is what I'm looking for. I'm trying to decided what would fit my hand the best considering from the tip of my middle finger to the end of my palm my hand is about 8-8-1/2 in.

I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
SPR (sierra precision) grip on my colt 6400c...

I like the SPR grip because of the palm swell that fills the hand nicely and because of the thumb indentation on the left side of the grip.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I had an SPR sitting around for about a year.  When I first got it, I didn't like it...it felt fat, and I have small hands.  

I was bored last week, so I started swapping things around..you know how that goes...and I put the SPR back on one of my rifles for the heck of it.  I haven't shot it, yet, but in just playing around with it, I kinda like it now.  For

All my other ARs have either the G27 or the Hogue grips.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool...I didn't like the look of the SPR at first but its growing on me.

Any pics of the MIAD?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's my BFI 14.5" with a New Production MIAD.

ETA: I also like the Sierra SPR Grip. It's really comfortable if you have big hands .
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's my BFI 14.5" with a New Production MIAD.
i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/guam50/BMA3SAMSONMRFS-CXFM93BMIAD.jpg
ETA: I also like the Sierra SPR Grip. It's really comfortable if you have big hands .

very nice rifle
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Guam very cool rifle...pup yours is pretty awesome as well.

This might seem dumb but could you guys measure the grips please. I'm looking for the measurement from where it starts right behind the trigger to the back of the grip, shown in the pic below.

With my big hands...big fingers I'm trying to get my hand back as far as I can from the trigger.
I'm to poor to just go buy both of them so I want to buy the right one and be done with it.

I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Standard good old fashioned AR grip...tried most and went back to the original....best feel for me.  My .02$.......
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/easy610/coltkimbercolt.jpg

Standard good old fashioned AR grip...tried most and went back to the original....best feel for me.  My .02$.......

+1 yep same here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The Sierra grip measures roughly 1.75" length wise from the backstrap of the grip to the receiver.  On the trigger finger side (being a right handed shooter) there is a .40" shelf that your trigger finger will have to "wrap" around to reach the trigger.  The total width of the "trigger finger" portion of the grip measures about 1.30".

Reach to the trigger measures about 2.5".  Thats the measurement with the grip on the rifle, from the backstrap to the actual trigger face.  Basically where the web of your hand is positioned on the grip to the trigger face.

Not familiar with the MIAD as I have never handled one.  IIRC you can change the backstrap part of the MIAD to suit smaller hands or bigger.  This gives you more options so you can determine what "feels" the best for your hands.  Tho you probably won't change it after you find one suitable, so the rest of the pieces will probably be sitting and collecting dust.

I got the sierra grip from sinclair international,  go to "online catalog">>> "highpower equipment".  They have it for $22.  

hope that helps.

Edited to add: My hand from middle finger to the end of my palm is about 6.5".  I have relatively small hands... i guess.  ( I'm only like 5'4"- 5'5" roughly) LOL  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks pup thats was exactly the info I was looking for!

Now if someone could post measurements for the MIAD that would be awesome.

My hand from middle finger to the end of my palm is about 6.5". I have relatively small hands... i guess. ( I'm only like 5'4"- 5'5" roughly) LOL

I'm 6'3-6'4(somewhere in there hehe) so I guess that explains the big hands.

EDIT: I just found this product on the that site you posted www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=HEARGR&item=14-300&type=store
Thats pretty interesting. Looks horrible but hey if my new grip alone doesn't do it I'll get that thing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

r4nger,
The MIAD kit has a couple other replacement backstraps to suit the shooter. The one installed is the curved one and is the thickest in the kit. I'll try to measure each and post them here later.

BTW thanks for the props.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

r4nger,
The MIAD kit has a couple other replacement backstraps to suit the shooter. The one installed is the curved one and is the thickest in the kit. I'll try to measure each and post them here later.

BTW thanks for the props.

Cool ty.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/easy610/coltkimbercolt.jpg

dude, do you need some more?  I have a bag of about 10 I'd part with for a very reasonble fee...email or IM me  There's even a green one in there.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top