Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 2:03:18 PM EDT
Dissapeared into the blind hole...no amount of kroil, CLP, or jarring with leather mallet will get it to spring out..   guess I'll have to find a two-piece pivot pin, with screw head to retain it..  .250 dia.  
           Where to look for one?   Who might make one?  Thanks for the help..   Les
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a weep hole in your pivot pin spring hole?  If so you can try compressed air to blow out the detent (if the detent is above the weep hole) and a fish hook straightened out to grab the spring.
Or, if it does not have one you can drill one in if you feel very brave and have access to a drill press.  Center punch the spot you want to drill and using a 1/32- 1/16 inch bit drill into the spring void, then blow it out with canned air.  The appropriate color of Aluma-Hyde II on a Q-tip will color the sides of the hole you drilled.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Big-Bore:  That sounds like a good suggestion...  do I detect some experiance showing through??  I'll give it a try, and will follow-up with a report... Thanks   Les
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top