Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 1:12:11 PM EDT
Aperature on a A2 sight do you just back out the screw on the left side of the tower? I was worried about the windage knob coming off and loosing some small parts. Also I won't need any special tools to do this if all I have to do is back out that screw, correct?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Wrong. You need a 1/16 inch punch and you need to drift out the rollpin that retains the windage knob to the screw assembly. Be carefull when you remove the windage knob as there are either 1 or 2 small steel check balls and associated springs in the back of the windage knob. Then you can remove the screw and change the rear sight aperture. The number of check balls varies by manufacturer. A gunsmith.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wrong. You need a 1/16 inch punch and you need to drift out the rollpin that retains the windage knob to the screw assembly. Be carefull when you remove the windage knob as there are either 1 or 2 small steel check balls and associated springs in the back of the windage knob. Then you can remove the screw and change the rear sight aperture. The number of check balls varies by manufacturer. A gunsmith.

Hey thanks buddy! I think you just saved me a bunch of hard times...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a how to link aywhere?...Anyone....

Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey thanks buddy!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top