Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:44:37 PM EDT
I'm deciding on a lower for an old surplus kit.  The upper has no forward assist and a three point supressor.  Does anyone have a link to pics of the A1(full fence), partial fence and slabside?
Thanks Joe
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
partial and full

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The M16 in the pic is an extremely early piece, as you can tell by the split pin retaining the gas tube.  Later 16s had the tube a bit longer; all the way back to the edge of the extended portion; just like the 16A1 underneath
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent, thats what I thought a partial was but couldnt find the picture to be sure.  They are on the Knight collection pics if you look close, I just was'nt sure,  Thanks  Joe
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the serial side of the top rifle in the pic above. The bottom M16 is serial #'rd about 15-20k higher. Probably a break in the AF procurement, lower recvr has A1 upgrades but is still marked " M16 " for the AF.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The M16 in the pic is an extremely early piece, as you can tell by the split pin retaining the gas tube.  Later 16s had the tube a bit longer; all the way back to the edge of the extended portion; just like the 16A1 underneath

I can't see any gas tube in those pictures
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't see any gas tube in those pictures

Whoops. I meant buffer tube----there at the back end of the lower reciever,

You know, I've scrolled back over that note at least 5 times since I posted it, and never noticed the screwup.  Getting old and senile is such a bitch
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top