Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:55:28 PM EDT
I came across a Les Baer Custom Upper and Lower Stripped receiver set this weekend and picked it up for a future build.
I don't know a bad thing about Les Baer, nor do I know much else besides the make excellent quality products. The fit was tight, virgin tight, absolutely no play whatsoever between upper and lower, the finish is awesome also.
Anyone know what type of finish they use? Hard anodized? It doesn't seem like teflon since it is semi-rough and non-reflective?
I'm sure there isn't a whole lot of feedback on these rifles since my rifle is #0017XX. But i would like to know of there performance and wear over time.
I'm not going to use to use all Les Baer parts, I assembled the lower LPK with a CMT LPK and BM NM 2stage trigger as soon as I got the matched set, and a Colt 4-pos telestock (this is temporary until I get my next LMT SOPMOD). Now I'm debating which way to go with the finish up.
I have a 18" 6.8SPC barrel on order, I want to free-float and the whole nine. I also have a stripped LMT upper and lower to finish up. No doubt these will be a target/hunting rifles, But how to finish each.I want either a 18 or 20" WOA or Denny's Recon barrel in 5.56 also, free-floated,etc... What would you do??
I posted earlier in another forum about the buy for $365, I feel good about it, now how should I finish it up?
I'm thinking if The Baer for the 6.8 and the LMT for the 5.56, sound good???
All suggestions and opinions welcome
I would really like to hear from someone who has a Les baer about how the receivers are working out too!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
No One  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It's Les Baer man.  That's like saying "Hey guyz my Rolls Royce has a slight transmission problem, does yours?" Wish I could offer some advice but hang in there and a "hardcore" will jump in here and offer suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top