Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2005 9:08:42 AM EDT
I was wondering what was the purpose of the t- markings on the upper receiver.
Is it a marking system so you can put a buis or scope back on in the same place?
I claim ignorance.hinking.gif Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much.

T means..........................................................................wait for it ......................................................................................here it comes .........................................................................TOP

I bet you can guess what "R" "L" and "B" stand for on some rail systems now

You are correct that they are used for the replacement of rail-mounted accessories (mainly takling about optics) in the same spot so they will be as close to return-to-zero as possible.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
yep t- means top

same placement of gear when removed and re-installed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. The markings are so you can place the BUIS, mount, etc... back in the same place for repeat accuracy/placement.  Same as for the L,R, & B markings on a quad rail.  It takes the guessing out when you remove your BUIS, mount, etc... for celaning/maintainance.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I was kind of hoping it would be some really neat reason why they were there, but this answers my question.[
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[

Off topic, but WTF is that above.  It looks like a smiley on the phone.  I've seen more than one person post this.  Is it a random typo that catches more than a few people, or some secret society symbol.  I gotta know, dammit!!!!

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe we're hookin him up with the 411 [!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Off topic, but WTF is that above.  It looks like a smiley on the phone.  I've seen more than one person post this.  Is it a random typo that catches more than a few people, or some secret society symbol.  I gotta know, dammit!!!!

LOL!!! fricken Mongo, dude, you're so funny... I started laughing when I read that post and looked at the smiley.  Funny shit, man.[

ETA: To stay OT... I told a friend that the white RAS markings were there so soldiers can see them at night incase they need to mount equip.  in the dark..................and he believed me.  (I better call him on it before he starts rumors)  LOL
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not sure why there is a phone on the smiley face.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top