Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2005 3:54:11 AM EDT
I'm trying to decide on a flat top upper for my first build.  They seem to either come with laser etched T-markings or machined T-markings.  Does anyone have any close-up pictures comparing the two?  I would think that the laser etched markings are laser ablated - so kind of like machined just not as deep.  Is this right or is the overall effect different from machined markings?  Any input explaining the difference would be great.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The one's I have seen are the engraved which are just like the markings on the side of the receiver and are not colored.  The lazer engraved ones I have are white and actually do not recess as the engraved ones do.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top