Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 5:50:46 PM EDT
I am wondering which railed forend is 'the' one for my next build. I want a light forend with the monolithic look of the Troy and a two piece design so that I can easily take it off and clean under it. I have the tools to remove a barrel so easy to install initially is not that important. There are so many new ones lately I can't keep up. A little guidance would be great.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue - it has and does everything that all other FF tubes do, plus it has the tube nut locking feature that is unique to it.  This adds a dimension of reliability that is unmatched by other tubes right now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Larue
I like SAMSON as well...kinda MRpish..
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the ARMS SIRS because its FF and it looks really cool.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Pick the one ya like, but this business of taking it off to clean underneath it brings the term anal-retentive into play, IMO.

Once well mounted, whatever the brand, the FF forend should be left alone and in place.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Mongo- please get rid of that sweaty man you have as your avatar!  Is that farley?  He really scares me all greasy lookin' like that...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mongo- please get rid of that sweaty man you have as your avatar!  Is that farley?  He really scares me all greasy lookin' like that...

Have you seen Blazing Saddles?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's probably not old enough to have seen blazing saddles.

It is one of the funniest movies ever made, IMO, and in today's soft society, you will likely never see another movie made like it ever again.  It is on my "Must see at least once a year" list.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is one of the funniest movies ever made, IMO, and in today's soft society, you will likely never see another movie made like it ever again.  It is on my "Must see at least once a year" list.

I don't care. I agree with JoesphR. It's pretty ghey.

Edit to add, I like the Troy for perm attached muzzle devices. YHM fore budget and I'll probably try a Larue on a free float build as soon as I get my house done. Anybody want to help me lay 900 sq ft of tile?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're welcome to your opinion.  Find me a better picture of Mongo and I'll switch it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
LaRue - it has and does everything that all other FF tubes do, plus it has the tube nut locking feature that is unique to it.  This adds a dimension of reliability that is unmatched by other tubes right now.

+1

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're welcome to your opinion.  Find me a better picture of Mongo and I'll switch it.

Heh. Well, maybe not ghey, but it is freaky.

How about this one?

Too ghey?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Leave Mongo alone, remember "He like Sheriff Bart", and remember "Mongo STRAIGHT!" despite who the Waco Kidd says he's taken a liking to.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#13]
does LaRue have a website? google'd but can't find.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh. Well, maybe not ghey, but it is freaky.

How about this one?
www.sitcomsonline.com/alex.jpg

Too ghey?

Technically, that's Alex Karras, not Mongo.  The story is too long to tell here, but at some point in my past, I "earned" the knickname "Mongo" and it stuck for a while.  Nowadays, nobody calls me Mongo anymore, but the username is a holdover from days past, so I guess you'll have to learn to deal with it and my avatar, until I can find something more suitable to your tender tastes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
does LaRue have a website? google'd but can't find.

www.laruetactical.com

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where the white women at?

HE'll shoot, he'll do it!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably best placed in the who gives a shit file but I used to hang out with Eddie Brooks (Mel's son with Ann Bankcroft). Blazing Saddles has to be one of the funniest movies ever made.

Bomber
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#19]
DD, LaRue, Knights.....all will serve you well.

Jim
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey, where're all the white women at!?!?!?

ooooooohhhhhhhhh You shifty N!gga!!!!

I am only 28 but know of it.  Never watched it that I can remember.

Tell me if this LINK works or not.  There is a "Mongo" button, but it isn't him, it's someone else talking about him.

"How's about a good ol' nig$% work song?"

I can't believe how racist that movie seems to be...

I have no pictures of Mongo, but how about MANGO??

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I think some miss the point of Blazing Saddles.  It poked fun at racism.  It was a caricature of stereotypes to the point of a farce.

You really owe it to yourself to get a copy and watch it.  You'll laugh your ass off.

PS Mongo, if you got you nick name from the campfire scene I'm a little worried for the members of your house.  

Keep your powder dry!!

BigHitter
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Blazing saddles is pure comic genious,

carry on Mongo

rsgt

this post not edited for spelling
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey, where're all the white women at!?!?!?

ooooooohhhhhhhhh You shifty N!gga!!!!

I am only 28 but know of it.  Never watched it that I can remember.

Tell me if this LINK works or not.  There is a "Mongo" button, but it isn't him, it's someone else talking about him.

"How's about a good ol' nig$% work song?"

I can't believe how racist that movie seems to be...

I have no pictures of Mongo, but how about MANGO??

www.angelfire.com/me2/kattan2/pics_snl_mango/mangojlo5.jpg

www.angelfire.com/me2/kattan2/pics_snl_mango/mangogb2cknet.jpg

Don't push you sick fantasies on me.

One time somebody was asking for something, thinking I was in a position to be able to deliver it.  I told them that "I am just a pawn in the game of life." and from that point forward for a few years, I became known as Mongo.  Most of the people involved have since moved on, so the name really isn't used anymore.

I will say that if I eat beans, I have been known to rival the campfire scene, but that's not why the name stuck.

LaRue tubes are the best.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top