Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 2:28:37 PM EDT
How does Duracoats Coyote Brown compair to KG tans color?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty darn close to the GunKote "Dark Flat Earth", which I believe is considerably darker than Tan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet,

I was hoping thats what you'd say
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't mean to hijack the thread,  but it looks like the question was answered.

I have the same question about some Duracoat colors, only mine needs to match the Ergo grip which  is OD green.

I tried the WWII OD and it is too light. I have compared Aug green  from my Bluegrass 50 BMG and it is too bright/green.  

Which Duracoat most closely matches or at least looks decent with...  Ergo OD green grips, OD magpul ladders and the magpuls that are OD as well?

At almost 30 bones once I add on shipping hit and miss is going to get expensive.

My next guess is OD green. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't mean to hijack the thread,  but it looks like the question was answered.

I have the same question about some Duracoat colors, only mine needs to match the Ergo grip which  is OD green.

I tried the WWII OD and it is too light. I have compared Aug green  from my Bluegrass 50 BMG and it is too bright/green.  

Which Duracoat most closely matches or at least looks decent with...  Ergo OD green grips, OD magpul ladders and the magpuls that are OD as well?

At almost 30 bones once I add on shipping hit and miss is going to get expensive.

My next guess is OD green. Thanks

Why dont you try coating you gun OD green and coat your grip the same color? So than you can be color Cordinated

Well, thats what I plan to do
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is and example of a rifle I built for a customer in DuraCoat Coyote Brown.

globaltactical.com/_img.upload/coyote%20recon%20right.jpg

Hope this helps.  The pistol grip is Ergo Coyote Brown.

Denny

Denny, Thats exactly what I'm going for. love that gun. I'll post pics when I can find my charger for my camera
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got some woodland tan that I am going to spray this week, but it is in a camo pattern not stand alone.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Woodland Tan looks more coyote than the coyote....

+1
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top