Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2005 11:45:50 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can get an early style (thin or lightweight) 16" carbine barrel, with a 1-12 twist?

I know DPMS has a barrel like this but what I am really looking for is one that has the circular machining marks all the way down the barrel (I'm assuming 16"ers have these, just like on the 20" I have).  And, just to be really picky, I hoping to find ones that are grey in color.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  BTT
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
To the best of my knowledge, these are no longer being produced.  It's easier to find an SP1 carbine upper and take the barrel off.  Even those are hard to find.  Try posting a WTB in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get an early style (thin or lightweight) 16" carbine barrel, with a 1-12 twist?

I know DPMS has a barrel like this but what I am really looking for is one that has the circular machining marks all the way down the barrel (I'm assuming 16"ers have these, just like on the 20" I have).  And, just to be really picky, I hoping to find ones that are grey in color.  

Circular machining marks?  Not on the carbine I bought in 1978. Every bit as well finished as the current commercial pieces out there.

And the perkerizing color was already the dark current type, not the early WW2 type, which went out in the early 1950s.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the replies.  Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top