BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2005 3:04:50 PM EDT
Delete thread please
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like your referring to the hole that holds the spring and tiny detent for the selector. The one thats drilled from the rear of the receiver .. If so,  im not really sure how you could tig weld it unless you havent drilled it all the way thru. If its drilled all the way into the selector hole then there would be no way for you to get the entire hole filled with any type of welding. Since the hole is mainly concerned with alightment and doesnt take any stress I would try to fill it with some type of industrial epoxy useing a syringe so that you could fill the entire length of the hole since its nearly an inch long or so. Once hard most good epoxies can be drilled and hold up very well.  Thats about the best i can come up with. I would make sure to let the epoxy cure fully andthen some...
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Try J&B weld epoxy its a 2 part epoxy that can be drilled and machined after it is cured. I heard its some good stuff try your local hardware store.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
JB weld would work, BUT you would definetly have to put it in a needle type device to get it all the way into the hole... We're talking a tiny hole, about a 1/16" or so and near 1 inch long/deep...
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
use the jb weld, and work it in with finger pressure, it should force it in little by little....you can force that stuff in a surprising distance just by rubbing back and forth, and adding a bit as you go...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Delete thread please
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear it worked out. As small as the hole was and as unimportant as it really is I figured it would do ok to use the epoxy.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top