Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2005 8:32:39 PM EDT
This is a curiosity question......I've been noticing that most of the leading brands use LMT, CMT, etc to fashion their uppers and lowers. So my thought is this....wouldn't any DPMS, Bushie, RRA, Colt, CMT, Stag, LMT all be of equal quality to one another? Where do the differences come into play?

As an example, I often see Bushmaster flattops going for over $120.00. While at the same time a nice CMT flattop is barely $100.00.

Just wondered what all your thoughts are on this.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
of all the forged recievers you listed...all are of realtive similar quality...and one isnt really worth more than the other, unless you are interested in a certain brand name.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm no expert on the subject by any means but I have noticed the same thing.  I wonder if most of the forged lowers come from the same plant and are finished machined and anodized by Bushmaster, Armalite, whoever.  I've got Stag, Eagle/Armalite, Oly and even a Sendra I traded a bayonet for years ago.  They are all forged and pretty much the same.  I doubt all of the AR companies are big enough to own their forging equipment.  I've never had a problem with any of my lowers being machined out of tolerance.  I've bought uppers from ADCO, RRA, WOA, etc. and they are all pretty much the same.  I did see some A2 uppers once that looked like the makers forge marks were ground off and then the whole thing anodized again.  They looked like crap.  They came from Nesard and Sun Valley if I remember right.  That was years ago.  I'm not sure if anyone sells these reject parts anymore.  Everything I've bought from WOA, RRA, RB, Eagle, ADCO, Bushmaster and Del-Ton has been great stuff.  I doubt there is 10 cents difference between a $100 CMT and a $120 Bushmaster.  Can't go wrong either way.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top