Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 12:20:31 PM EDT
Several months ago I purchased a RRA M4 stock from an individual and it came with a stock wrench.  This wrench is different than any others I have ever seen and I would like to know who sells them.

I do not have a photo of it available.

It is about 8-10 inches long, has three pins for the castle nut and in the middle of the handle it has a cutout that fits the end of the receiver extension (unlike most I have seen with the pistol bushing tool).  The end of the handle also has a black plastic dip type coating.
This is by far the best design I have seen for a CAR wrench.

Thanks for the help.

Sarge
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree this is the best design.  I got mine from Eagle Firearms.  They are on the Equipment Exchange Forum.  Some vindors offer a wrench free with the purchase of an M4 stock.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
This is decent design, but not the best.  They are simply stamped from thick sheet metal and there have been reports of them breaking under use.  The best I've ever seen is made by Tony Rumore in Ohio.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That wrench does look beefy, but the reason I like the one I have is the buffer extension cutout.  When I changed my stock the factory tube was stuck tight.  I just stepped on the the wrench on a carpeted floor and put the lower on the wrench and twisted the lower.  Worked like a charm.  Better than any other way I had available to me at the time.

Vernm, thanks for the info!!!

Sarge
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That wrench does look beefy, but the reason I like the one I have is the buffer extension cutout.  When I changed my stock the factory tube was stuck tight.  I just stepped on the the wrench on a carpeted floor and put the lower on the wrench and twisted the lower.  Worked like a charm.  Better than any other way I had available to me at the time.

What kind of man doesn't have an adjustable wrench around the house?  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top