Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2005 4:51:12 PM EDT
I just my magpul trigger guard and it came with a roll pin and a hex threaded screw.  I understand that the Magpul is made not fold down.  Any suggestions on installation of the threaded screw?  Should I use locktite or other method to install this part?  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Installed mine without loctite.  It holds just fine.  Although I am sure loctite wouldnt hurt.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't put loctite on mine.  If I ever see it coming out I will apply some loctite, but I doubt that will ever happen.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a Buell motorcycle.  If a fastener does not have loctite on it, it has anti-seize compound.  You have to use one or the other on almost every fastener... habits are hard to break.

So... I put loctite on the screw, since I was not concerned if the screw threads seized!

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked the guys at Tactical Solution this question, and they said Loctite isn't needed, just tighten it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top