Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 6:45:32 AM EDT
I am looking for a receiver to do another AR build, What is the quality of the rcvr listed in Joekens web page adn shotgun news? I see they have a mil spec one (supposably) for 79.99 and was curiious as to the quality of it. i dont want to sacrifice quality to save 40-60 dollars but if it is just as good that $$ could go to another project later?
Also what is the deal with the carbon fiber rcvrs? are they any good? i see them advertised as being "stronger" than aluminum but what is the general consensus on those? I dont see a whole lot of them but they are also listed pretty cheaply?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I stay away from carbon fiber as a rule, and have heard nothing but bad stuff about Joekens.

I try to stick with Dealers who advertise here and support this site and the AR shooting community.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I stay away from carbon fiber as a rule, and have heard nothing but bad stuff about Joekens.

I try to stick with Dealers who advertise here and support this site and the AR shooting community.

+1, Look at Eagle Firearms, they have Stag Lowers For $85 or $89, Can't rember which, I'm a Dealer and get a discount, so I don't remeber the regular price, sorry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Stay away from JoeKen, IMHO.

Superior Arms is another good buy for the money.

I picked mine up yesterday and it went together like a breeze

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for stag. best fit and finish that I have seen.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top