Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 12:48:42 PM EDT
I have several questions for the hive mind, but first some background. I have a BM 20" govt. profile bbl, and a 4-pos. stock that came with the buffer and spring from RRA. The bbl is threaded, with A2 FH not yet attached. To start:

1) as the bbl is 20", am I required by law to attach the FH?
2) if I choose to attach the FH, must it be permanent?
3) assuming I attach the FH (crush or peel washer I don't see matters) with what kind of wrench do I tighten it (to avoid marring the finish)? Please note I don't have an armorer's wrench.
4) I have heard people speaking well of 9mm buffers on 20"bbl, IIRC. Will I really gain anything by changing buffers or springs on my setup? Suppose my goal was to reduce felt recoil? Is this possible to change?
5) more to the point, could someone point me to a thread that deals with all buffer and spring types out there?

Apologies, as this is the umpteenth time even I have seen a FH question thread, but the BIY forum is not searchable. Thanks to all in advance.

GTLandser

BTW, go see GUNNER PALACE--threads-a-plenty in General Discussion, even one of mine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
1. No
2. No.
3. You can always just use a standard wrench with a slight amount of tape around it to protect the finish.
4. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=227523
5. Buffer weights:

Rifle - 5.15oz, aluminum
CAR - 2.9oz, aluminum

H - 3.77oz
H2 - 4.7oz
H3 – 5.6oz

9mm - 5.47oz, steel
9mm A - 6.3oz CAR style buffer
9mm B - 7.1oz CAR style buffer
9mm X - 7.9oz CAR style buffer
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top