Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2005 5:06:13 AM EDT
I recently purchased a RRA lower parts kit with the two stage
trigger to install on my stripped lower.

As I have spent a lot of time reading these forums I
see a lot of comments about the RRA two stage trigger
eventually turning into a "mushy" single stage.

Any comments?

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I say since you already have it , use it.  If you have a problem with it address it at that time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#2]
wouldnt it be too late since you already bought it?

try it and see how it works

i have two and both still work great
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
$15 and a trip to John Holliger makes it one of the best triggers available for the AR at any price.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine works fine, but it is relatively new. Any links to the threads about problems?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Never heard about this issue.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of that issue...

and it is THE only two stage trigger on the market that i would consider putting on a battle rifle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
$15 and a trip to John Holliger makes it one of the best triggers available for the AR at any price.

i have one of his triggers. its super nice compared to its original form
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mine works fine, but it is relatively new. Any links to the threads about problems?

One going on over in the Main AR room :
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=228059
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Never heard of that issue...

and it is THE only two stage trigger on the market that i would consider putting on a battle rifle.

WOW.......and to think, the military chose the KAC!

Use what you have, likely as not you'll never wear it out.  Few of them actually have problems.  You'll like it.

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I've installed RRA 2-stage triggers in both mine and my son's Bushmasters.  They work great!  And I'm sure they will continue to do so for a long time.  Why would RRA install them in ALL of their rifles if they have a tendency to "go bad" after a while?  Sounds like BS to me.

Just a tip:  the factory trigger and hammer pins are probably .154".  Measure the pins that come with the RRA trigger, they are probably .156".  They will NOT tap into place as the directions state.  You must ream the holes first.  Luckily, a 5/32" drill bit is .156".  After removing the original trigger and hammer, use the drill bit by hand to ream the holes.  You want the drill bit to go straight through the receiver and not wobble around.  Check the fit of the pins before attempting assembly.  Follow the rest of the directions and you will have a nice, smooth trigger.

I had to use the procedure above on both of the Bushmasters.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow. Drilling a lower.  Yovue got more balls than me.  The kit went perfectly into both stag lowers my friend just got.

Ive got the two stage, and ill tell ya, after installing two single stages from RRA in my friends lowers, go that route.  Cheaper, and far better.  A little heavier pull but zero creep.

And if you do put your two stage in, be assured.  Im about 5500 rounds down now, and it still feels exactly the same as the day i got it.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top