Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:10:53 AM EDT

first this upper is going to be for my GF, I purshased  RRA postban lower just days befor the ban ended and this upper will be for it.
here  is part I need advise on,  can I go with a preban threaded barrlel and A2 flash hider or sense the lower is postban do i still have to stick with postban rules and have to get something postban.
is there still a 16" minimum barrel length limit and can I add an adjustable length buttstock or still postban configurations still apply when using a postban lower.

lastly do the ban rules apply weather I purchased a postban lower before or after the ban ended, meaning If I purchased a postban lower receiver befor the sunset is it now still a postban lower reciver and postban rules apply still or is it a no ban receiver and can I put a preban upper on it with RRA adjustable length buttstock?
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Debose,

No need to worry about the "evil" features, as long as you're in a free state.  Threading, flashiders, colapsible stocks, bayo lugs, etc. are just fine now, even on rifles that exsisted before 9/13/04.

The barrel will have to be 16" or more, or you will have to file a Form1 with the BATFE to make it shorter.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
no more pre-ban or post-ban is illegal. now there is only no-ban. AWB expired last year in sept. but make sure if its legal in your state first. all states should be ok except for CA,MD,NY,MA,CT,NJ ect....(states that have a lot of crimes)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey.. I was curious about the aspect of filing form 1 with the BATF? If I have an AR-15 with a 16 inch barrel, can I put on a 10 inch barrel just by filing some paperwork or do you have to get a class 3 licence  ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey.. I was curious about the aspect of filing form 1 with the BATF? If I have an AR-15 with a 16 inch barrel, can I put on a 10 inch barrel just by filing some paperwork or do you have to get a class 3 licence  ?

You have to do all the paperwork with the ATF first.  No class 3 is needed.  Here is the FAQ from the NFA section of the board.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top