BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2005 6:29:02 PM EDT
Posted in
another forum
, but only received a single response.

I just want to know, with a Jard trigger installed, can you move the safety selector to SAFE, even after the hammer has been fired (you can not do this, on the other ar’s I’ve seen with the standard FCG).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't remember and I got rid of mine so I can't check.  The more important question is does the trigger move at all with the hammer cocked and the safety on.  If it does, you have issues and an adjustment is in order.

The problem mentioned in the other thread may be caused by the adjustment screws that touch the floor of the receiver or the pistol grip screw being too long.  I believe I had to trim mine to get proper function.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Olephart,

Yeah, with the hammer cocked and safety engaged, the trigger is solid.

When you got rid of your's did you replace it with another "non-standard" trigger?
If so, which one & why?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't get it to work.  Went through installation 4-5 times.  Seemed fine on the bench, but doubled every 10 or 15 rounds at the range.  I consulted with several smiths and the guys at Brownell's without solving the problem.

Some speculated that the trigger and /or the lower receiver pin locations were out of spec.  I sent it back to Brownells - great place to buy stuff.

Yes I replaced it.  I decided I really didn't need a touchy 1 1/2 lb. trigger.  Got a McCormack and haven't looked back.  I'm not knocking the Jard trigger.  It's one of the few that will give a really light pull and lots of people are very happy with them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
arn't they fun ? if i have to install them i let the customer know that everthing works on the bench  and he or she will have to play with it all the time on the range i stop stocking them because of this problem
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Gunrunner, sounds like you have some experience with the Jard triggers...

Since you've installed several (from the sound of it), do they ALL allow the safety to be engaged, with the hammer in the "fired" position?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top