Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2005 3:33:18 PM EDT
The Mongrel. Ameetec lower ,Del-Ton upper ,Bushy 14.5 BBL, RRA stock and bolt group, LMT Sight, Magpul trigger guard, yada,yada....
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The naked  (Mangy) BBL was intentional. I was going to refinish it, but, I kinda dug the way it looked bare.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good looking gun man.  Now go shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
1000 rounds on its way.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
and yet another black rifle was born, very nice
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Hands_First

If you were to give advice for someone who never built an AR and is planning on it , what would it be, if you don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet build.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice lookin' blaster!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#9]
nice build.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you were to give advice for someone who never built an AR and is planning on it , what would it be, if you don't mind me asking.

Just do it! It's cake, and if you run into any problems, you have already found a pool of people ready, willing, and able to help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hands_First

Do alot of research on vendors. Out of the 7 or 8 vendors I dealt with, 2 or 3 of them I will never deal with again. The biggest problem seems to be selling out-of-stock parts witout notifiying you, then making you wait. I always ask first (Email) to see if a part is in stock, but, I've had a few vendors tell me they had a part in stock that they, in fact, did not. I had one dealer tell me on the phone that he was going to send my parts (all of which he said he had in stock) out the next day. After waiting 3 weeks, I called him and he said that he was waiting for a part.(?!). Most of the dealers were exceptional though, and really made up for the shortcomings of the others. This build was sort of an experiment, to see if I may be interested in building more. Aside from the dealer problems, the build was a hoot. Now that I know which dealers to er.... deal with, the next one should be even better. RB precision, Del-Ton, Legal Transfers, And GTS are among the few that I will not hesitate to do business with again. They sent parts quickly, and, answered all of my Emails surprizingly quick. Have fun!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top