Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 2:35:03 PM EDT
I noticed it lacks the "flat" sides of an A1 or A2 birdcage....sooo what is the proper procedure and tool to install one?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The old GI multi tool had three slots in one end, perfectly designed for the prongs on the original FH.  I don't have a picture of one handy, but that's it.  One end has a barrel wrench (rounded slot with pegs for the barrel nut), sides have rectangular cutouts for flats on receiver extnsion tubes, and the other end has the three-prong slots.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Or use an old butcher knife stuck in the prongs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Or just wrap a rag around it and hand tighten the damn thing!  There is a REASON for the lock washer...

Paladin
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Strap wrench.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I noticed it lacks the "flat" sides of an A1 or A2 birdcage....sooo what is the proper procedure and tool to install one?

Thanks.

Using this tool:

Like this:

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
cool, so if I were so inclined, where could I find such a tool?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Fulton Armory used to carry the old GI barrel wrench that had the holes for the 3-prong suppressor.

here's an old pic from their website.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top