Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2004 10:38:49 AM EDT
I have a magpul trigger guard I want to put on and the KNS antiwalking firing pins.  As a newbie, can someone tell me step-by-step how to do these without marring my reciever.  Also, what to look out for - seems there's a roll pin on the factory trigger guard that looks like it just needs to be pushed out, but how do I get the othe "pin"/screw out.  Also, do the firing pins just push through?

Thnaks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#1]
yes the fire control pins just push through. use a punch of appropriate size and gently tap out the fire control pins, just becareful and you shouldn't scratch anything.  

Same with the trigger guard pin, however since it's in much tighter, when you remove the trigger guard roll pin use a wooden support with a hole to prevent scratching the finish or breaking the trigger guard ears on accident.  Line the pin with the hole so it clears the support when you punch it out.  The other "pin" is actually spring loaded, so just use a bullet tip or a small rod and push it in, then swing out the trigger guard.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top