Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 3:37:09 PM EDT
Gang,

Getting ready to turn down a couple of my barrels for threading this weeked - been waiting to get my "Thread Alignment Tool" kit in from Precise Innovations (formerly known as Dyna-Systems) and it finally arrived!  More info here: http://www.dynasystems-ltd.com/threadingkits.htm

There's instructions on the website on how to use this TAT, but a picture would surely be worth 1,000 words, but anybody's done this and snapped a pic while they were at it.

Bueller?  Bueller?  Anybody? :)

kestrou
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
does it mean, I can cut one of my 20" barrels and make a 16" out of it then use that threading tool to re-install  a new muzzle brake ?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
does it mean, I can cut one of my 20" barrels and make a 16" out of it then use that threading tool to re-install  a new muzzle brake ?

If you cut it down and turn the muzzle to 1/2" for the last 5/8" with a lathe, you can.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
exocet-

Well, you'd have to re-crown it, and possibly have to move the FSB.  But YES it can be done and I know guys that have done it (have never done it myself).

Of course then you'd need a picture of how to use this TAT thing! kestrou
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top