Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 6:49:53 PM EDT
After mounting a new freefloat forend on a BM, I wish to attach the sling  to the new tube.  Question is, who makes a sling swivel stud that has reinforced backing to allow a stud mount.  The walls of the new tube are too thin to allow a simple tap for the stud.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Harris #5 bipod kit.

Insert a metal shim into the handguard to protect the barrel

drill a hole sized to let the bushing on the harris plate drop in

use needle nose pliers and position the plate inside

use the washer and stud on the outside, tighten up

toughest part is getting the hole exactly centered.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
at the shop i use the harris mount kit  can not go wrong with it
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Uncle Mike's QD 100 sling swivel works great.  Available from Brownells (stock number 953-101-100).  The female base is attached to the tube with a screw and a nut from a hardware store.  The female base sticks up from the tube but it works for me.  The female base is designed to fit into a hole in a stock and be slush with the surface but works in this application too.  A one and one-quarter inch wide nylon sling works nicely because it is a little snug in the one inch loop.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top