Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 3:35:34 PM EDT
I tried fitting an upper (J&T) I had (installed on an eagle lower) and it was a very tight fit, in fact, I could not get the rear pin in all the way.  I really do not like to force anything, especially with the nylon lower.  The lower receiver pin holes are slightly further apart.  The J&T upper fits the eagle lower perfectly.  

Has any one else had this problem with an Cav Arms lower?  Is there a suggested fix?  Cav Arms does not offer any help at all on their website nor do they furnish instructions of any help with the lower.

I want to fit the J&T light barrel carbine kit to the lower to get a really light AR.  Any suggestions from the gallery?

Thanks in advance for the comments and help, John McP
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
My J&T upper fits on my Cav MKII lower.  The pins are tight, but it does fit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The guys at Cav Arms recommend (I'm not making this up) driving the pins in with a soft-faced mallet. When they first told me this (standing face to face) I said "Are you sure?". They responded "Yes we are.".

Remember; if you screw up that receiver for any cause that does not involve a thermonuclear device, they will give you a new one.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both Colt's and LMT uppers and they all fit nice and tight on my CAV Arms MkII lower. I must have strong thumbs though as I don't need a hammer to push the pins in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The guys at Cav Arms recommend (I'm not making this up) driving the pins in with a soft-faced mallet. When they first told me this (standing face to face) I said "Are you sure?". They responded "Yes we are.".

Remember; if you screw up that receiver for any cause that does not involve a thermonuclear device, they will give you a new one.

Luck,

SD

And if it does involve a nuke, they only charge you $30 for a new one!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, just push them in.

edit-
Look at it this way.... you won't need an accu-wedge...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top